Showjumpers require food sources that supply both explosive and slow release energy.
Supplementation should be consistent with guidelines for mature horses and include nutraceuticals that enhance recovery time and maintain hoof health.
- Methyl sulphonyl methane (MSM) provides a bio available source of sulphur that is essential for healthy hooves. When fed to racehorses it reduced stress and inflammation, enhanced circulation and helped to alleviate pain.
- Glucosamine helps aids maintenance and repair of all connective tissue (muscle, tendons, ligaments and cartilage).
- Vitamin E and selenium are essential for muscle activity, helping to protect against free-radical induced cellular damage. Organic sources of these nutrients as included in CHF are more available to the horse.
Garlic is an effective anti-microbial plant acting on bacteria, viruses and alimentary parasites. It lowers blood pressure and improves cardio-vascular health and stimulates cell growth.
CHF provides all trace elements and vitamins at the required levels to optimise health and include all the above together with kelp and spirulina; a natural immume and energy booster.
Bespoke formulations could include DMG for increased stamina and recovery.
- Cayenne benefits circulation and is effective in the treatment of muscular pain. It also stimulates the action of other herbs.
- Ginger is useful for strengthening the respiratory system and for aiding digestion.