Eventers are physically mature horses engaged in five disciplines of riding; cross country, roads and tracks, hurdles, show jumping and dressage. Each discipline requires different levels of energy and mineral and vitamin supplementation that ensures that muscle and nerve function is optimum.
- CHF (Condition Hoof & Flex) contains all trace elements and vitamins at effective levels including
- Vitamin E and selenium,essential for muscle activity, helping to protect against free-radical induced cellular damage.Also includes:
- Methyl sulphonyl methane (MSM); when fed to racehorses was shown to reduce stress. It has also been found to reduce inflammation, enhance circulation and help to alleviate pain. It is therefore a natural alternative to steroids and it may be that this supplement could be a useful prophylactic and preventative supplement for horses who are susceptible to tying up or azoturia.
- Glucosamine: helpful for the maintenance and repair of joints.Garlic is an effective anti-microbial plant acting on bacteria, viruses and alimentary parasites. It lowers blood pressure and improves cardio-vascular health and stimulates cell growth and Kelp.
- OTHER INGREDIENTS THAT MAY BE USEFUL BUT CHECK WITH YOUR COMPETITION BODY IF COMPETING:
- Ginseng: a powerful adaptogen. It helps to lower blood pressure and increases endurance helping the horse to overcome fatique.
- Cayenne benefits circulation and is effective in the treatment of muscular pain. It also stimulates the action of other herbs.
- Ginger: Useful for strengthening the respiratory system and for aiding digestion.
- Performance horses frequently have lowered immunity to the stress of performing, travelling and exposure to other horses.
- Echinacea: supports the immune system.